Dr. Shreya Biswas
M.Sc. Economics (IGIDR), Ph.D. Thesis Submitted at IGIDR
Areas of Specialization
Corporate governance, business groups in India, inter-firm networks, applied econometrics
Corporate governance, board of directors, firm performance, business groups
- Assistant Professor at Sarla Anil Modi School of Economic, NMIMS University, Mumbai (since July 2015)
- Teaching Assistant to Dr. Taniya Ghosh for the course Mathematics for Economists (August 2013-December 2013).
- Research Assistant to Dr. Subrata Sarkar, Professor, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India (January 2012- July 2013)
- Senior Executive (Transfer Pricing), KPMG (September 2011 to Jan 2012) (e) Assistant Manager (Transfer Pricing), Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Private Limited (July 2009 to September 2011)
- Promoter Homophily in Boards: Does it Really Matter? - An Analysis of Indian Firms,
Economics Bulletin, Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 237-252.
- Stand-alone" firms in inter-firm network: An evidence from India
Economics Bulletin, Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 913-920.
- Small World of Inter-Firm Network and Acquisition Behaviour (IGIDR Working Paper No. 03-2016)
- Do Director Interlocks and Board Network matter for Firm Performance? (Abstract available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2292974)
- Homophily in Director Network and Firm Performance
- Are Audit Prices Sticky? Evidence from an Emerging Market Economy
- Do Director Interlocks and Board Network matter for Firm Performance?
- Promoter Homophily in Boards: Does it Really Matter? - An Analysis of Indian Firms
- Small World of Inter-Firm Network and Firm's Acquisition Behaviour – Available at:
- Homophily in Director Networks and Firm Performance
- Presented paper at Second ISI-IGIDR Doctoral Workshop held at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata from 17th-20th March 2015.
- Presented paper at 10th Annual India Economic Growth and Development Conference held at Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi from 18th-20th December 2014.
- Presented paper at Paris Financial Management Conference held at Ipag Business School, Paris from 17th-18th December, 2013.
- Invited for presenting paper at IMR Doctoral Students Conference 2013 held at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore from 13th-14th December, 2013.
- Presented paper at India Accounting and Finance Conference held at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow from 9th-11th September, 2013.
- Participated in the 4th International Corporate Governance Conference in Emerging Markets held at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad from 23rd-24th August, 2013.
- Attended the 2nd Graduate Summer School organized by Azim Premji University and Institute of New Economic Thinking in Bangalore from 4th-12th July, 2013.
- Selected for attending a two day graduate student workshop on ‘Advances in statistical techniques’ organized by Institute of New Economic Thinking in HongKong on April 2-3, 2013. Also, attended the Institute of New Economic Thinking’s Fourth Annual Plenary Conference in HongKong from April 4-6, 2013.
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.
022 - 42355727