Kaching 2014 -15: The Sound of Success!
- The 5th edition of SAMSOE’s Economics festival was held this year on the 15th and 16th of January 2015.Dr. Ajit Ranade, Chief Economist of the Aditya Birla Group, inaugurated the festival.
- This 2 day bonanza saw a total of 10 events – ranging from a mock stock, business quiz and a mock IPL auction. New and innovative events were added this year such as War of Westeroes: a portfolio optimization board game, ‘News on the Loose’: an economics journalism event and ‘Trade Aide’, a mock stimulation of the WTO.
- Around 800 students participated in the Festival over two days. Contingents from reputed institutions like HR College, Jai Hind College, School of Business Management and Symbiosis School of Economics took part in this year’s festival.
- Participation was in huge numbers for the flagship events ‘Bull Run’and ‘Ka-PL’ with over 40 teams!
- The winning college was HR College and the First runner up was NM College.